The Source for Communicators
As a Communicators Forum member, you’ll find professional growth, networking, and career development opportunities.
- Unite and network with communicators
- Share knowledge
- Strengthen skills
- Encourage collaboration
- Celebrate success
- Volunteer on committees
- Evolve in your field
Learn and Network!
Programs are created for and by communicators to promote professional development and provide opportunities to meet communicators across and outside the University.
Strengthen Your Skills!
Committee involvement and special interest groups provide opportunities to share and strengthen professional and leadership skills.
The Communicators Forum Google Group allows members to ask colleagues questions and make announcements to members. It also provides a way to get University communications news, information about job postings in communications, and insights and information from colleagues about communication topics.
The Maroon & Gold Awards encourage high standards by recognizing excellence in communications at the University.
Value of Membership
- The awards competition, member recognition event, annual conference, and other programs provide outlets for recognizing exceptional work, raising the bar for the communications we create to advance the University's goals and enhance our reputation with stakeholders.
- By volunteering on committees and for special projects, members have a low-risk opportunity to stretch their abilities and gain new skills and experience that they can apply to their jobs.
- The Communicators Forum email group, newsletter, ongoing resources, and social media provide timely information and insights, keeping University communicators in the know.
- Being a communicator in a university setting comes with its own set of challenges. Many members find that being part of a professional community of peers leads to increased job satisfaction and higher morale, which can help retain a valued employee.